The Tanzanian Bureau of Standards (TBS) is reporting on their frontpage that they had a meeting to discuss OOXML last Tuesday 14th August at the Kilimanjaro Kempinski Hotel.
The deadline for participants and other stakeholders to submit comments by email (comments-at-tbstz.org) to TBS is the 28th August 2007.
The meeting had also the visit of an american lobbyist for the vendor, Mr Nicol Woodard:
Following a detailed introduction of the document ISO/IEC DIS 29500 to the members of the Technical Committee by the Microsoft Expert, Mr. Nicol Woodard regarding its interoperability, openness, multiplicity and legal safety, the members discussed in-depth the document.
More questions, if there are going to be any, should be forwarded to the Presenter, Mr. Nicol Woodard, through his official e-mail address: moc.tfosorcim|dradoow.locin#moc.tfosorcim|dradoow.locin
Here is a list of people present:
- Dr. Mercy Mbise of the University of Dar es Salaam, Department of Computer Science
- Ministry of Infrastructure
- SMS Consultancy
- Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority
- Institute of Finance Management
- University Computing Centre
- Africa Practice
- Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology
- College of Business Education
- Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology
- Tanzania Bureau of Standards